Frequently Asked Questions
Everything you need to know about Personal Care Services.
Home Health Care is clinical care provided to clients in their home, typically this would be in-home Physical / Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy, etc. Tenderness Health Care currently offers Personal Care Services, a Personal Care Worker works under the supervision of a Registered Nurse to provide assistance with the activities of daily living in the client’s home.
You do not have to be on disability to apply/receive Personal Care.
- Appointment with our team to obtain the following information/forms; Consent Form, Emergency Contact Form, Patient Questionnaire, Demographics Appointment with a Primary Care Physician in the last 90 days.
- Member of Forward Health, Molina HMO, Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, Network Health Plan, MHS
- Appointment with our Registered Nurse to complete a Personal Care Assessment
There is a different timeline for all of our patients. The timeline depends on the client’s care team, the ability to obtain required documents from the client’s care team in a timely manner, and the client’s availability to meet with our nurse. There are many variables, in order to expedite the process we work hand in hand with you to ensure you get your services in a timely manner.
Depending on the insurance the client is a member of their Personal Care and may be authorized anywhere between 3-12 months. When approval is received we can determine the plan of action to begin a new authorization before the current one expires.
Milwaukee, Racine, Waukesha, and surrounding counties
A personal care worker is commonly known as a PCW. Is a non-skilled agency employee who works under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- Must be 18 or older to apply
- Be authorized to work in the US
- All of our PCW’s must be able to complete orientation, pass a criminal and a caregiver background check and participate in training that is needed in the client’s plan of care.
Our agency pays 30% above average. Pay is determined by experience and certifications. Certification is not required to work with clients, however, this is something Tenderness Health Care compensates employees for.
Apply to become a Personal Care Worker now!
We pay up 30% higher than average plus benefits.