Here at Tenderness Health Care, we are committed to providing high quality, client-centered and affordable services to our clients. Our goal is to assist them to lead dignified and independent lives in the comfort and safety of their own homes. Their individual needs are carefully assessed, understood and met through the selective assignment of qualified, trustworthy and compassionate personnel.
If you are a team player and possess the skills that we need, come and join our team here at Tenderness Health Care! We are looking for a full-time Patient Data Specialist. The role of Patient Data Specialist is an important one. Tasks completed in this role ensure that our clients receive timely and effective care. This position reports to the Operations Manager
The Processing Department at Tenderness Health Care is made up of Patient Data Specialists whose functions are to complete the tasks outlined below. All tasks are necessary for the intake of new clients and to maintain current client services.
- Communicate with clients, doctors and in-house nurses for the coordination of patient care and ongoing processing updates
- Communicate interdepartmentally and with all other employees with effectiveness and professionalism.
- Medical data entry into health information software: Alora.
- Answer field calls from clients, personal care workers, insurance entities, and medical clinics.
- Request and obtain medical records via fax and mail.
- Initiate follow up with MD offices, specialists, schools (student records) to get requests fulfilled
- Interpret medical records to determine client medical necessity for personal care services (New Leads and Amendments)
- Verify MD visits, primary care physicians and insurance using online portals
- Scan and upload documentation to online electronic health record
- Transcribe Nursing assessments
- Create 485s – Plan of Care
- Report to Operations Manager for issues or concerns
- Attend meetings and trainings for updates and changes regarding work load or focus areas
- Document calls in Alora and processing updates in tracking reports on a daily basis
- Request RN assessments to Nursing Department
- Submit Prior Authorizations to the State of WI and insurance entities with accuracy
- Process service approvals and create Client Packets
- Thoroughly explain client services and plan of care to PCWs once approved (client packet).
- Begin and complete recertification process for all members in a timely manner to prevent hold in services
- Communicate with Clients, Doctor’s, Nurses, and other employees professionally
- Enter important medical data with accuracy and confidentiality
- Field calls from clients and employees
- Adapt to an ever-changing healthcare industry
- High School Diploma
- Extreme Attention to Detail
- Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Basic computer literacy
- Great organization
- Ability to maintain professionalism
- Bi-lingual (English-Spanish candidates encouraged to apply)
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Visions Insurance
- Life Insurance